Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Unit 10



The following is my post from Unit 3:

On a scale of 1 to 10 regarding my physical well-being, I give myself a 6. I am trying to lose weight, but I have the knowledge and tools I need to reach this goal. I simply lack motivation. As far as Spiritual well-being, I give myself an 8. I am comfortable with my spirituality and related beliefs. I believe that there is always something new to be learned though. Psychologically I give my well-being a 7. I manage my stress and anxiety with medication, but I need to find other ways to heal my mind and mental state.
My goals for physical well-being include getting more exercise and losing weight.
Spiritually, my goal is to attend church more often in order to nurture my relationship with God.
Psychologically, my goal is to spend more time meditating in order to clear my head and deal with my anxiety and stress.
I think exercising on my elliptical trainer will help me with my physical goals, and yoga will help me with my spiritual and psychological goals.
The Crime of the Century exercise was overall pleasant for me. The background music and the sound of the narrator’s voice immediately put me at ease and help me to relax. The frustrating part is trying to tune out the people around me.

Unit 10
Looking back on Unit 3, I am reevaluating my goals and overall well-being. I have definitely improved my physical well-being to at least a 7 or maybe even 8. I have been eating better and exercising regularly. I have even lost some weight, and I feel great about it!
Regarding my spiritual well-being, I still see myself at about an 8. I feel good about where I am at in this domain, but I am still leaving myself open for further exploration. I haven’t yet made more time to attend church, but it is still my intention for the immediate future.
Psychologically I see myself in the 7 – 8 range. I have utilized the tools and suggestions explored in this course to help me with my stress management issues. Meditation has been an invaluable tool. I have definitely used this regularly to help me relax and reboot.
My overall well-being has definitely improved over the course of this term. I have learned new things that can be utilized to help me as I continue to pursue my goals, and I have also had the merit of other ideas reinforced for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment